We are open and excited to welcome you!
San Diego Botanic Garden is an outdoor recreation facility and operates according to current County and State guidelines.
As a place of rest, comfort, healing and rejuvenation, we ask that you help us keep the Garden a safe and healthy place for all.
DAYS & HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Wednesday – Sunday
- 9 am - 5 pm
- Closed on Monday and Tuesday
- Open: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving Day
- Closed: Christmas Day
ONLINE TICKETING AND RESERVED ENTRY TIMES
Reservations are required for entry.
- MEMBERS: Please reserve an entry time online in advance of your visit
- GENERAL PUBLIC: Please purchase tickets and reserve an entry time online in advance of your visit
- NO cash will be taken at the Garden
- CHECK IN WITH YOUR MOBILE OR PRINTED TICKET AT THE WELCOME CENTER
|Youth (Ages 3-17)
|Senior (Ages 60+)
|Student (with valid ID)
|Child (Under 3)
|SD Museum Council
Click below to make your reservations and purchase tickets online.
GARDEN ENTRANCE & PARKING:
THE GARDEN ENTRANCE IS LOCATED AT 300 QUAIL GARDENS DRIVE. ACCESS THE GARDEN BY TURNING ONTO ECKE RANCH ROAD FROM QUAIL GARDENS DRIVE.
PARKING FOR THE GARDEN IS LOCATED AT THE DICKINSON FAMILY EDUCATION CONSERVATORY AS WELL AS AT THE SAN DIEGUITO HERITAGE MUSEUM ON THE CORNER OF ECKE RANCH ROAD & QUAIL GARDENS DRIVE. PARKING IS FREE.
THE WELCOME CENTER AND THE GIFT & PLANT SHOP ARE LOCATED IN THE DICKINSON FAMILY EDUCATION CONSERVATORY.
VISITOR HEALTH & SAFETY AND MOBILITY:
- Per Centers for Disease Control guidelines and Cal/OSHA regulations, we require visitors who are not fully vaccinated to wear face coverings when using indoor restrooms. We recommend visitors who are fully vaccinated wear face coverings when using indoor restrooms. Restrooms are cleaned and sanitized every two hours.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer, facemasks or face coverings, bottled water, sunscreen, hat and snacks.
- The Garden’s property has a number of hills, some with fairly steep grades or with dirt paths. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Shuttle service is available as needed.
- Wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- IF YOU HAVE MOBILITY ISSUES, please contact Visitor Services (details below) BEFORE making your online reservations. We will respond to your request within 72 hours.
DURING YOUR VISIT:
- Please maintain six feet of social distancing from other guests outside of your immediate family members.
- Please enjoy seating on our benches (2-3 family members at a time) scattered throughout the Garden.
- Please follow any instructions Garden Staff may ask you to adhere to for your safety and the safety of others.
SDBG Service Animal/Pet Policy
- ONLY SERVICE ANIMALS, as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), ARE WELCOME in the Garden.
- “A service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability.” – ADA definition
- Service Animals must be harnessed, leashed or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices.
- If a Service Animal becomes out of control, SDBG staff may request that the animal be removed from the premises, per ADA guidelines.
- For more information on ADA Service Animal guidelines, please visit: https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html
- Emotional support, therapy, comfort or companion animals are NOT ALLOWED in the Garden.
- California state law prohibits leaving animals in any unattended motor vehicle that endangers their health or well-being. (California Penal Code Section 597.7) Guests are NOT ALLOWED to bring their pets and leave them unattended in their vehicles at any time. All violators WILL BE REPORTED to the authorities and will result in expulsion from the Garden.
CONTACT VISITOR SERVICES:
PUBLIC RELATIONS/MEDIA CONTACT:
Communications and External Relations Manager
(760) 436-3036 x204