DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION
- Wednesday – Monday
- 9 am - 5 pm
- Closed on Tuesday
- Open most holidays
- Closed Christmas Day
ONLINE TICKETING AND RESERVED ENTRY TIMES
- Reservations are required for entry.
- Ticket times indicate a one-hour window to enter the Garden. Guests are free to remain until closing time.
- NO cash will be taken at the Garden
- Check in with your mobile or printed ticket at the welcome center.
PARKING AND ENTRANCE
- The main parking located on the corner of Quail Gardens Drive and Ecke Ranch Road. Overflow parking is available in the adjacent lot at San Dieguito Heritage Museum. Parking is free.
- The Garden entrance, welcome center, gift shop and plant shop are located at the Dickinson Family Education Conservatory.
- For a map and list of gardens, click here.
- For directions, click here.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- San Diego Botanic Garden is an outdoor recreation facility and operates according to current County and State guidelines.
- Due to a recent increase in cases of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), California Department of Public Health mandates that everyone in California wear a mask in indoor public spaces and workplaces. The order is in effect December 15, 2021 to January 15, 2022. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also recommends that all people, regardless of vaccine status, wear masks in indoor public places. Accordingly, all SDBG staff, volunteers, and visitors must wear masks inside the conservatory (in winter months), bathrooms, and all other buildings.
- The Garden’s property has a number of hills, some with fairly steep grades or with dirt paths. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Shuttle service is available as needed.
- Wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- IF YOU HAVE MOBILITY ISSUES, please contact Visitor Services at email@example.com or 760-436-3036 x231 BEFORE making an online reservation. We will respond to your request within 72 hours.
SERVICE ANIMAL / PET POLICY
- Only service animals, as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), are welcome in the Garden. A service animal is defined as "a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed or tethered while in public places unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. If a service animal is out of control and the handler does not take effective action to control it, staff may request that the animal be removed from the premises."
- Emotional support, therapy, comfort or companion animals are not considered service animals under the ADA.
- California state law prohibits leaving animals in any unattended motor vehicle that endangers their health or well-being. SDBG will expel all violators and report them to the authorities.
PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEOGRAPHY AND FILMING
A permit is required for any private, professional or staged photo/video/films shoots (e.g., wedding photos, family portraits), as well as for commercial photo/video/film shoots (e.g., fashion shoots, product commercials) in the Garden. For more information and pricing, click here.
By visiting San Diego Botanic Garden, you acknowledge that you may be photographed or filmed, and you hereby give permission and grant the perpetual right to SDBG to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation.
VISITOR SERVICES CONTACT