Garden of Lights 2013
December 7 – 23, 26 – 30
5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Thank You to our Sponsors!
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available.
Please contact Tracie Barham at email@example.com or 760/ 436-3036 x216
to learn how you can be involved in this popular family event.
View Garden of Lights Video
After the sun goes down, the San Diego Botanic Garden is transformed into a dazzling winter wonderland with over 100,000 sparkling lights illuminating the Garden for a magical holiday experience. Leave the hustle and bustle of the malls behind and enjoy a relaxing evening strolling through the lighted Garden. Adding to the sparkle is the “Poinsettia Garden,” festively decorated with many varieties of poinsettias.
Live music fills the air nightly from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. One night there will be the Peace on Earth Christmas Carolers, while another night features lively Mariachis. For a complete lineup see below.
Enjoy winter fun in the snow! Weather permitting, snow will be here December 9 - 16 and 26 - 30. Please bring your own disc or sled (no metal runners please).
Beginning on December 16th, a team of big Blond Belgian draft horses provides enjoyable wagon rides through the lower area of the Garden, the only way to see the lights in this part of the Garden at night.
Don’t miss the Nutcracker exhibit, displaying a collection of over 50 Nutcrackers.
Huddle around the Lawn Garden Campfire to roast marshmallows.
Of course Santa will greet young and old alike each night before Christmas from 5:30 – 8:30 pm, in the brightly lit Gazebo, providing a terrific photo opportunity.
To keep you warm, there will be hot mulled wine in the Lawn House Garden for purchase. Additionally, The Coffee Hut will be open offering hot coffee and cocoa, and kits to make S'Mores to enhance your marshmallow roasting experience. El Pollo Loco provides healthy Mexican fare each night.
And finally, children can create a variety of special holiday crafts to take home.
Members, $6 or 1 Guest Admission Ticket
Non-members: Adults $12; Seniors, Military & Students $8
All Children 3-12 $4
Children 2 and under FREE
There will be additional fees for some activities.
Music Line Up December 2011
6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Thursday 8 – Encore Youth Theatre Holiday Stars
- Friday 9 – Peace on Earth Carolers - A Victorian Christmas
- Saturday 10 – Raggle Taggle Trio
- Sunday 11 – River Rim Children’s Choir
- Monday 12 – Carlsbad Choraleers
- Tuesday 13 – Dance Connection
- Wednesday 14 – The Mellow Guitar and Vocal Sounds of John “JJ” Jenkins
- Thursday 15 – THE CAST KIDS wishing you Happy Holidays
- Friday 16 – Raggle Taggle - A Celtic Christmas
- Saturday 17 – Mariachi Imperial de San Diego
- Sunday 18 – Rockin’ Cranberries
- Monday 19 – String Ensemble Playing Holiday Favorites and Classics
- Tuesday 20 – Tom Gates Trio: “Jungle Bells” - A Calypso Christmas
- Wednesday 21 – Jimmer Bolden Quartet - A Jazzy Christmas
- Thursday 22 – A Latin Holiday with Con Alma
- Friday 23 – Raggle Taggle - A Celtic Christmas
- Monday 26 – The Mellow Guitar and Vocal Sounds of John “JJ” Jenkins
- Tuesday 27 – Mike Stewart and Adrian Nimms
- Wednesday 28 – Klezmer Holiday Celebration
- Thursday 29 – A Cuban Holiday
- Friday 30 – Len Rainey - Bluesey Holidays
Banner Photo: by Rachel Cobb